Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dedication Hour

For this post, I decided to combine 2 (or 3, depending on if you consider two words joined by a slash as one word) of my favorite things in life: family/friends and music.

I have updated the songs on the Playlist to the right. Each song is dedicated to our friends/family that live in the place being described. If you see your location of residence listed, then congratulations - we are thinking of you! If you don't see your home on there, then we've forgotten about you and you might as well move on with your life. Just kidding - if you don't see your home on the right, then I couldn't find a song about your home. But don't worry - we're still thinking of you all too!

A few explanations...

In most cases, the town is simply the name of the song, such as "Abilene," "Fort Worth," "Houston," etc.

In other cases, the name of the location is in the title of the song, such as "Nashville Blues," "Walkin' in Memphis," "All the Gold in California," etc.

Still other selections are more general, simply because that's the closest I could get to certain towns. The song "Hill Country" references the Hill Country of Texas generally, and Burnet specifically. The "West Wing Opening Theme" is a shout-out to our friends in the nation's capital of Washington D.C. The song "Amy's Back In Austin" is dedicated to our friends and family in Austin, Texas. The third song, "Going Through the Big D," is meant for all of our friends in the Dallas area. It should not be assumed that the friends we have in Dallas are getting divorced. If you have no idea why I just said that, listen to the song and you'll understand.

Finally, the song "Texas" is meant for any of our friends/family whose town didn't get mentioned. Remember - just because playlist.com doesn't carry a song about your town, doesn't mean that we don't care for you!

***Disclaimer***
I have no idea what "La Sonora" is about, as the song is in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish well enough to translate, so if you look up the lyrics and they are about drugs or killing people or anything immoral, don't blame me! Furthermore, we actually don't know anyone who lives in Sonora; a friend of mine has a deer lease there, but otherwise, we don't know a soul. I included this song because in my head, I often confuse it with Salado, where in fact we do have friends. Make sense?

Enjoy the music! It should be noted that I don't know all of these songs, nor do I like all of them, so if you're annoyed by all the hardcore country songs, just mute it and continue on below to read Lauren's more entertaining and more well-written posts. (I just write to take up space and prove to my family that I'm still alive.)


Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment