Friday, May 11, 2012

Hold on a Second

Today I received 2 frantic emails from our associate dean's office stating that I had holds on my account and would not receive my diploma at graduation if they were not tended to.

First of all, go ahead and try to keep me from that diploma.  I dare you. 

Secondly, one of the holds was for my college transcript, which I knew had been taken care of back in 2008 when I matriculated.  Knowing that I had desperately confused the Registrar's Office by changing my name when I got married, I went up to school with the hopes that my college transcript was simply filed under "Oglesby" instead of "Edwards." 

After waiting a few minutes a very nice woman came out to talk with me about my transcript. 

Her first question was (I kid you not):  "So, did you actually get a degree from ACU?"

Me:  Umm...ya.  It's the only degree I have.
Registrar Lady:  Well, we need a new transcript then because the one we have shows "In Progress" grades for your entire last semester, and there's no degree posted.
Me:  So...I've been going to school here for four years, and y'all weren't even sure I had a college degree? 
Registrar Lady:  Ya, it's kind of a glitch in the system.
Me:  Loophole the size of Texas.

So apparently it's not that hard to get into dental school.  A GED or some credit toward a bachelor's will do...but they'll catch you on the way out.


No comments:

Post a Comment