Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stopping at the Grass Station

On Friday Jeffrey and I left immediately after class to drive to Dallas for some college friends' wedding. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was lots of fun. Chris and Amanda have suffered all the trials and tribulations of a long-distance, long-term relationship, so we are so happy to see them finally living in the same city and in the same house as man and wife!

Unfortunately we had to drive home early Saturday morning for various reasons (a surprise birthday party for one of our dental school friends and to study for the ridiculous number of quizzes I have next week). The drive home would have been much faster, but I am a spoiled little girl. Allow me to explain.

Growing up, my parents always let us (my brother, my sister, and me) pick out a little surprise at each gas station stop on our car trips. Usually just a candy bar or a drink, although in his later years Greg somehow always managed to finagle his way into two items per stop. So now, as a "big girl," I feel completely entitled to still get a little prize for myself. Spoiled, I know.

Sadly, at our first stop on the way home I chose to buy a humongous Dr. Pepper. Why is this sad? Because it meant that one hour later, I was begging Jeffrey to stop for a bathroom break. I know--I'm a girl and I have a little girly bladder.

I persuaded Jeffrey to stop in the sleepy town of Jarrell, Texas. We stopped at the gas station and I ran in to use the facilities. I entered the bathroom stall, being very careful not to touch any of the door handles or walls with my hands (gross). Inside the stall, I found all the usual suspects of a gas station bathroom. Toilet paper on the floor, candy wrappers strewn about, "Bobby + Jenny = Luv 4 Ever" written in sharpie on the wall, and various other signs of humanity.

One item in the bathroom stall caught me off-guard, however. I noticed a little baggie on the floor with some green stuff in it and thought to myself, "Hmm...that looks a lot like marijuana."

It looked like marijuana because it WAS marijuana! I had unknowingly stumbled into a Jarrell, TX drug-drop area. Awesome.

As I left the bathroom, I heard a woman who had been in there before telling the manager about the illegal substance. The manager promised to "take care of it," whatever that means!

And so, forever more, Jeffrey and I will refer to that particular gas station as "The Grass Station."

No comments:

Post a Comment