Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lookin' Good


Last weekend Jeffrey and I went to Abilene to watch his sister perform in Freshman Follies at ACU and to visit our families. The trip could not have come at a better time because since school started the first week of July we hadn't been more than 15 miles from our house. Impressive, huh? Not as impressive as our friend Chris (who is an Ear, Nose, and Throat resident right now in San Antonio). Chris told us a few nights ago that when he was a first year med student he only put 81 miles on his car in the entire first semester of school!

Anyway, Abilene was great. Freshman Follies was a strong year with fantastic "filler" acts and Rebekah's hall's act was really unique and fun. It was great to see my parents and talk with them, although their hot water heater rusted out the Thursday before we got there, so they had no water use downstairs. Usually Jeffrey and I stay upstairs, so it was no big deal for us except that we didn't get to have any of my mom's good cooking since her kitchen was out of commission.

We got to see lots of old friends at ACU stuff and at church. One thing bothered me, though. People kept saying, "You look great" to me.

My thought process is this: I look great? Awesome! I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts! Wait...does this mean I didn't look great the last time I was here? No one has said that since I left Abilene...have I not looked good for 2 years???

I asked Jeffrey if I was crazy to worry about this comment that was said over and over again to me throughout the weekend, and he said no. Then he said, "Maybe they think you're pregnant." (I'm not. But there's nothing like your husband explaining away your fears of looking bad by implying that people think you're preggers.)

I still don't know why people kept saying that I look great, but I'm choosing to believe that 5'4" girls with pasty white skin and really good dental hygiene are totally "in" this year. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment