Monday, June 6, 2011

Meet Luke

Yesterday, in a very manner very uncharacteristic to me, I took some money that I had earned and spent it immediately.

I bought a Nook eReader.

Jeffrey insists that the Nook be pronounced with a long "o" sound, because "it has two 'o's' like "spook."

I pointed out that 'book,' 'rook,' and 'took' are all pronounced without the long 'o' sound, making them all rhyme with 'look' instead of 'puke.'

Regardless of my excellent logic, when we say 'Nook' it rhymes with 'puke,' so we named my Nook Luke.

I love Luke! He has free books from Barnes and Noble and Sudoku. The free books are mostly classic novels. I think no one besides me reads the classics much anymore, so they're literally giving them away for free online. (The Twilight Series, on the other hand, continues to be sold for $20 a copy. Oh, the humanity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment