Saturday, September 27, 2014

1 Month Old

Little brother has survived his first month at the Edwards' house outside of the womb.  Quite a feat when you consider how much his big brother loooooooves to love him!  I have a feeling these two boys are going to grow to be the best of friends--if, that is, I can continue to keep Harrison from being hugged to death in the meantime.

Harrison is what we affectionately call a 'high-maintenance' baby.  He loves to be held, always wants to be in the room where the action is, and falls asleep best when grasping two of mommy or daddy's fingers with his tiny little hands.  This means that during my maternity leave, mommy is getting in lots of snuggles (but not a lot of laundry is getting done...then again, laundry has never been my strong suit, so now I have an excuse).

We do think our littlest boy is having some struggles with acid reflux--hopefully we can get that straightened out soon.  I've done lots of research (aka--googling) about acid reflux in babies lately and I read that some babies nurse less when affected by reflux because they associate eating with pain, but other babies nurse more to keep the flow going downward.  Harrison falls into the latter category, which is great with me (another excuse not to do the laundry), but gives us a tough choice trying to choose which of his chins we like better!  He's plumping up like a little butterball.  Love it!

We love you buddy--can't wait to get to know you more and watch you grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment