Monday, October 27, 2014

2 Months Old

It seems like just yesterday I gave birth to a tiny little 6 lb, 15 oz baby boy we named Harrison Jeffrey....and today we are the proud owners of this tubby guy who is two months old!  My, how this boy has grown! 

I'm not sure of his weight yet (we go to the doctor this Friday), but at an appointment a couple of weeks ago he was already tipping the scales at 12 lbs.  I believe the distribution is 2 lbs in each cheek, with the other 8 lbs spread throughout the rest of his body. 

When I was pregnant with Harrison and exhausted from chasing after my rambunctious 2 year old, I said that I wanted this one to be a snuggler, and boy, did I get my wish.  Harrison is the squishiest, cuddliest, most huggable little guy I've seen in a while, and he loves to be held. 

His biggest smiles are for his big brother.  Second biggest smiles are for ceiling fans.  Mom and Dad come in somewhere after that.  He has the prettiest dark blue eyes that are starting to brighten as he wakes up to the world around him.  Daddy sometimes calls him 'Big Blue.' 

One of the gifts he received at his baby shower was a CD of a group called Go Fish.  I decided that the last song on that CD would be 'his' song.  It's really sweet and has a line in it that says, "Welcome to my heart/just a smile from you can make it fly."  That lyric rings so true for me.  When that boy smiles at me it just makes me well up with joy.  Partly because his smile is so cute...and partly because I know how much effort it must take to move those big ol' cheeks. 

Love you, H-man.  Happy 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment