Friday, November 28, 2014

Halloween 2014

The first time I asked Carter what he wanted to be for Halloween, he said, "Baa, baa, black sheep."  I thought for a minute about making a sheep costume, and then I thought about how terribly that could go.  I mean, that idea has the potential to end up on some website somewhere highlighting the worst homemade costume fails in the world.  So to avoid epic levels of embarrassment, I simply asked him again what he would like to be.  This time he said, "Fireman!" 

I found a fireman costume at HEB for $8.  Sold.

Of course that left me wondering what I could make for Harrison that would coordinate.  Again, a terrible idea came to me first--what if H-man dressed up as a fire hydrant?!  Nope, terrible idea...and not just because we have a dog and that could create a potential indoor urination problem.  I settled on making Harrison a little onesie that looked like dalmation spots so he could be the firehouse dog.  A few hours and some fusible fabric later, this was the result:

 
 
Pretty cute!  Good thing we took this picture at the beginning of the night, though, because about 5 minutes after Carter refused to wear his hat and Harrison had a major poo-splosion that splattered all over his outfit.  It was a goner before we even said one 'trick or treat.'
 
And although Carter refused to wear his hat for Halloween, he wore it to Sunday school that weekend and to school the following Monday.  That's a two year old for ya.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment