Friday, December 11, 2009

Parents of the Year

Once, or perhaps even twice this week during class my mind has wandered off into far away places. I think that the quickly-approaching Christmas break has me thinking of Santa and time with family instead of gum disease and cavities. During one such time (I can't say when for fear that one of my teachers is secretly perusing my blog in search of students who don't pay attention in class), I decided that I would read my email instead of listen to the lecture.

I had received an email from another student whose mind had also wandered--it was titled "Parents of the Year Award." I opened it not knowing what was inside.

I soon had to literally cover my mouth to stifle the laughter from escaping. It was a series of pictures of kids and their parents (or rather, their parents not paying attention to them) getting into trouble. At certain points I couldn't hold in my giggles and some strange, airy snorts escaped into the classroom. My teacher was confused because there's certainly nothing funny about gum disease.

Regardless of my teacher's opinion of me now, these were too funny not to share...but try to read them when you're not in class.


















No comments:

Post a Comment