Monday, February 22, 2010

Sing Song 2010

Jeffrey and I went to Abilene this weekend for Sing Song 2010. The show was great (as usual) and we had a really good time seeing family and friends. My mom continues to make us a "surprise box" every time we come home, filled with household goods like paper towels and tissues (which I HATE to buy) and little snacks. I am currently eating the sour patch kids from the box as an afternoon snack. Somewhere in Lubbock, Chase Cawyer is very jealous of that.

Jeffrey's parents were also in Abilene for the show, and brought us early birthday presents. We both got Northface jackets, but mine is green and Jeffrey's is black. (The Edwards know that Jeffrey and I coordinate our clothes on accident most mornings anyway, so they didn't want to fuel the fire by getting us more coordinating clothes!)

My great aunt, June, and my uncle, Gary, both had hand surgery while we were in Abilene. Poor Aunt June fell down at her house and chipped her front teeth and broke her hand. She was quite worried about her chipped teeth at first, but after someone reminded her that she's related to 6 1/2 dentists (I'm counting myself as 1/2 a dentist), she figured out that she could have those teeth fixed in no time.

Unfortunately, Uncle Gary looks like he may not be the dental relative fixing her teeth in the next week or so, because he's the other one in a cast. He pulled a tendon in his finger trying to catch one of his sons as his son fainted! Crazy story. It looks like humpty dumpty had a successful surgery to put him back together again, though, and it's on his left hand, so if all else fails, he can always get a mouth mirror prosthesis put on that side!

As always, the trip was fun, but too short!

I'll leave you with MY two favorite Sing Song acts...


2 comments:

  1. because of this post, Lofton got to experience Sing Song for the first time! His eyes were glued to the computer screen the ENTIRE time! Glad you guys had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a week later I am so jealous you ate SPKs and I didn't have one. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete