Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Degrading

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Since this week is Jeffrey's Spring Break (but not mine), I tried to quietly slip out of bed this morning and get ready without waking him. Unfortunately, I'm not quite used to the layout of our new house and bumped into our bed, an unpacked box, and a pillow...and that was just on the way to the bathroom! I stumbled into my closet and picked up the closest pair of scrubs to wear to school--my light pink ones--when something deep in my subconscious said, "Wear the green ones." Lucky for me, I listen to those little voices and ended up wearing my green scrubs today. (Lucky because when I came to school I found people from my class literally running down hallways to pinch each other. One boy even had to change his scrubs after the first hour of lecture for fear that he would be pinched to death.)

I would have loved to celebrate with the only green/Irish/delicious thing I like on St. Paddy's Day, but I didn't have any Lucky Charms (they're magically delicious!) at the house, so I had to settle for simply wearing my green scrubs and pinching anyone else who didn't wear theirs.

This was a big day at school because we got several grades back on projects that we had turned in a week or two ago. Most of our teachers either post the grades by a test ID number in the hallway or put them online with a program called Blackboard, but in one of our classes they put them in our school mailboxes. This is a very bad situation for me because I can't figure out how to open my mailbox.

That's not quite the truth--I can open my mailbox, it just takes me several tries. Today I had to stand there twisting the little number wheel 5 different times before I cracked the code. After all that work, I opened my mailbox to find my practical evaluation sheet...

...with nothing on it. No comments. No critique. No grade. Just the sheet I had given them on the day of the test. Shall I assume they could think of no possible deductions for my project? Is it possible that my project so far exceeded their standards that they simply left it as it was in its perfection?

Not a chance. I emailed the course director, and I'm sure I'll get what's coming to me (a B+?) tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment