Monday, May 23, 2011

Down with the Sickness

Usually when I wake up before my alarm goes off it's because Dixie is yawning loudly in an attempt to wake me up early for playtime. This morning I woke up before my alarm by cramping in my intestines. Uh oh.

15 trips to the bathroom later, I emailed my teacher to let him know I wouldn't be at school today.

15 trips to the bathroom later, I felt a little better and decided to get ready for school and go up there.

1 very bad trip to the bathroom later, I solidly decided not to go to school today.

I think it must have been something I ate yesterday because I didn't have a fever or anything else, but I certainly looked green in the face for most of the day. Wanna take bets on what food is the culprit?

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: Chicago hot dog from Sonic
Dinner: Homemade veggie burritos and homemade salsa
Bedtime snack: Miniature Heath bars (I'm not telling you how many...embarrassing!)

Yeah, our vote is on the Chicago dog. Which is very sad because I LOVE hot dogs and I love the poppy seed bun. But seriously, I'm never eating it again.

Now there are four items on my "can't ever eat it again" list...and TWO of them are from Sonic! So sad.

Item #1--Sixlets

These are gross anyway, and I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to let me (age 8, on a winding road in Colorado, with a major history of carsickness) eat them at a rest stop. There's just something about the image of rainbow colored barf that stays with you.

Item #2--Funnel Cake

Not quite as sweet when it comes back up. Enough said.

Item #3--Cherry limeade

For some reason in college I decided to only have a Route 44 sized cherry limeade for dinner one night. The next morning I was supposed to go on a road trip, but I felt really sick. My roommate, Jana, asked if I wanted to be driven over to my parents house for the duration of the tummy aching. I thought I could make it over there. As it turns out, I could not. As she pulled into my parent's cul-de-sac, I rolled her car window down and barfed (while the car was still heading into the driveway). Considerate of me, I think, to spare her car's interior.

Item #4--Chicago dog

Bye-bye, poppy seed bun. After today, we are friends no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment