Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Paw-sitive Attitude

Hi, Blog--I'm still here in Harlingen--banished for two weeks away from my friends, my family, and my school. (I'm not so upset about missing school...more just the friends and family.)

During my isolation time down here, I've been flipping back and forth in my mind between positive attitude and Oscar the Grouch.

When I wake up in the morning:
(+)Ahhh....I slept so well!
(-)Oh....there's no one here to tell about it.

When I'm at the clinic:
(+)This is so neat! I don't have to set up or take down equipment, I always have an assistant to help me, and that's letting me do so much dentistry.
(-)If I were at school, I'd be getting so many points for all this dentistry I'm doing.

When I leave the clinic:
(+)No construction on the roads going home.
(-)No Dixie dog waiting on me at the door when I open it.

When I go to sleep:
(+)So much extra space in the bed when there's only me.
(-)So much emptiness in the bed without my Jeffrey and my Dixie.

All in all, it's going pretty well for me, but there's been a doggie injury back home in San Antonio. All the great-grand(dog)parents and grand(dog)parents may want to sit before reading this: Dixie has gotten a boo-boo on her paw.<a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhZNPAL4jEXnZUzGYJYTtzZwwES1yiqgHbcjxP2OMrgndBbiwOgydJv944qvxKfyzBX2y8AHST5WrECueM3xNIPjBRwWggSIv3NHEqdu8kQmkZSfhk8BEoS1zEeG0x385ZH_GOVHHa4LKw/s1600/paw+1.JPG">
Don't worry, like a good (doggie) mom I immediately consulted the authorities, AKA Google, regarding the recommended treatment for paw problems. Google states that injured doggie paws should be coated with neosporin then covered with a bandage of some type to keep the dog from licking it (and I concur).

I swore I would never let my dog wear those silly little costume/clothes they sell at Petsmart, but...

We had to put some socks on her. Black tuxedo socks (it's a fancy injury, apparently). I know that it's not really en vogue to wear black socks with shorts (or, in this case, nothing), but at least she hasn't put on sandals over the top of them...Dad, remember when you thought that was ok to wear in San Francisco? It was NOT.

Anyway, Dixie does not like it. I told her that even though it's a little weird to wear one black sock, it's still lots less weird than any outfit Lady Gaga has ever worn.


No comments:

Post a Comment