Friday, September 9, 2011

Boots and Biscotti

For the first time in almost 4 years of post grad education, Jeffrey and I had coordinating days off on a weekday. It was so much fun to have a Friday where we got up and had breakfast together, then got to spend the afternoon shopping and running errands.

During our day of fun, I decided I needed a new pair of cowboy boots. (Those of you who know me are wondering why I ever had cowboy boots in the first place.) Yes, it's true, when I think of boots I usually think of my favorite knee-high, Antonio Melani, black suede, classy, beautiful boots, but this year at school our new group leader declared Fridays to be boot days, and those wearing the incorrect footwear are subject to ridicule, bad grades, and being systematically ignored by Dr. Magness. (Honestly, it's all in fun...but he likes you more if you wear boots, so why not?)

The reason I needed a new pair is three-fold:

1. My old boots were purchased in high school...it's probably time.
2. My old boots were purchased at Limited Too and have rhinestones on them...people make fun of me when I wear them.
3. I really, really, really wanted some.

As Jeffrey would say, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." (So we bought me some boots!)

Even in a grainy cell phone photo, you can tell how pretty they are right?
Are you hungry for another grainy cell phone photo? (Or just hungry?) I made biscotti this week to help us survive a grueling chart audit procedure at school. Of the four boys in my group, three asked me what biscotti was and one referred to it as bruschetta. All four ate it and liked it, though.

So am I a boot scootin' cowgirl? Or an Italian chef?

Los dos. (That means 'both' in Spanish. I am a cultural enigma.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I just found your blog again. Oh my goodness! You seriously crack me up. I love, love, love your humor. I laughed out loud way too many times while catching up on your blog. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete