Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby's First Photos

Prepare yourselves for baby picture overload.  I am that mom.  That mom who thinks her baby is soooo cute that she just has to have his picture taken from every angle.  That mom who thinks that her baby is soooo cute that said pictures need to be shared with the whole world.  That mom who thinks her baby is soooo cute that if people click on this blog, read it, casually look over the pictures, and leave without commenting on aforementioned cuteness, that mom will cry for days.  (Just kidding--I'm not THAT mom...but I am pretty proud of my boy.)  So here are some pictures, for your viewing pleasure. 

*(And please note, these are only the very, very favorite ones out of the thousands of pictures that I've taken of Carter in 14 days.  See?  I've totally got myself under control.)

If he's not an angel, I don't know who is

Can't get enough of that peaceful, easy feeling

This was taken before we left for our first church service with Carter.  It was only 5 days after delivery and I didn't realize until I got there that I had forgotten to take my pain medicine.  Not good.  So I spent most of the service outside in the foyer (it was cooler out there).  Why I thought it was a good idea to go anywhere 5 days after having a baby is beyond me--should we still blame the hormones?  Our boy, however, was the star of the show in his tiny bow tie outfit.  We wear our best to God's house, don't we baby?

A little unsure of how to feel following his first real bath (but looking oh, so cute in his towel)

I LOVE all those tiny little wrinkles.  He looks like a baby bulldog!

Sweet, baby face staring up at me

He's wearing a shirt with a big, tough dump truck on it, but he's still just a softie when he cuddles up to sleep

Daddy and Carter--they love snuggling for nap time

My handsome boy looking way too awake for the time of night that this picture was taken.  (But those steel blue eyes!  I secretly don't want him to sleep because then I wouldn't be able to look at them.)

Need more pictures of Carter?  Well, never fear.  My camera is fully charged and ready to take at least 90 more pictures of him sleeping.  Because you can never have too many of those shots.

(At least, I can't.)


6 comments:

  1. I love all those wrinkles!!!! He is so darn cute! I could just eat him up. I am sad that you are all not here so Carter and Eli can play together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bath pix!!

    Jana Hanner

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! He is seriously one of the cutest babies I have seen! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, thank you for making me cry. The last two posts had tears in my eyes. He is a beautiful little boy. Yes, I said beautiful. Keep the posts and pictures coming. Love yall.
    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious!!! I just love him to pieces :) So impressed you went to church only five days after giving birth! Your a trooper.

    Aunt Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the last picture I imagine him looking up at Jeffrey, throwing back a head nod, and a "Sup Pops?!" I want Carter to be a lil bit thug. A educated, gentlemanly thug of course.

    ReplyDelete