Sunday, September 2, 2012

Table the Issue

Well, I must again apologize for my lack of blogging, but this time I have a very good excuse--my comma button on my computer is broken.  In fact, my entire laptop is breaking into two pieces.  I will therefore refer to it as a lap/top from now on since the hinge is gradually cracking to separate the lap part from the top part (maybe my lap/top wants to be a tablet?).  Anyway, I love my commas, so it's very hard to type when I have to peck the comma button with all the strength my ring finger can muster.

So, in order to save me from trying to explain more things that would inevitably involve comma usage, I've decided to post about a little do-it-yourself project that Jeffrey and I finished a couple of months ago:  Refinishing a kitchen table and chairs.



Before:

After:




I'm in love!  The table and chairs feel like new even though deep down inside I know this is the same table I grew up eating on at my parents' house.  The only problem?  Now there are other pieces of furniture nearby that look like they could benefit from being refinished, but since Jeffrey was the main "sand man" on the project (which everyone knows is the worst part of any refinishing project), he's begged that we table the issue of refinishing more furniture.  The sight of sandpaper still makes him shudder with the memory of sanding all the tiny crevices on all the chairs.

1 comment:

  1. it is gorgeous! tell him i want to place an order :) i hope you remember CPR since he'll probably faint haha

    ReplyDelete