Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

The craft bug hit me a few weeks ago so I decided to make Carter an October onesie (because he didn't have ANY October onesies yet--he needed one!). I began my little project as I begin all good projects--looking on google for ideas to steal from other people.
Voila! I found an idea and made it. You can, too. Here's how:
#1--Have a baby.  This is decidedly the hardest part of the project.
#2--Purchase appropriately sized onesie from Hobby Lobby.
#3--Print out stolen internet photo (including copyrighting watermark) and cut into pieces for a template.
 
#4--Use template to cut out pieces from fabric swatches.
 
#5--Use fabric glue to attach fabric to onesie
#6--Open onesie, insert baby.  Pose!
And there you have it. One October onesie in 6 steps.
I had a little harder time making Carter's Halloween costume, mostly because I waited until October 31st (yes, that's right, the day of the holiday) AFTER work to begin. Hazards of being a working mom, I guess. There is a chance that his costume was held together solely by hot glue. There is also a chance that I had to hot glue some of the pieces together while he was wearing the costume (please don't take my child away, CPS). **When contestants on Project Runway do that, they always get eliminated. Good thing there is also a chance that he's the cutest little football I've ever Heisman-ed.
 
 
We invited over the Cawyers and the Macks and stayed home to give out candy to the kids who came trick or treating. Favorite trick or treater award goes to the three year old who barged into the house as soon as we opened the door and shouted, "TRICK OR TREAT!" Close second to the 5th grader who said trick or treat in a scary vampire voice. Distant third to the trio of junior high girls who dressed as rock, paper, and scissors. Rock had chosen to use a black trashbag filled with foam to make her costume. She lamented at my door, "People keep calling me trash lady."
Happy Halloween!
 


1 comment: