Monday, November 23, 2009

Dreaming of a White Christmas

I always hope for a white Christmas, but I didn't think that the song would ever apply to my own skin. I went to the store this weekend to get some new makeup base after I noticed that my current base was starting to make me look like an oompa loompa--a bit on the orange side (I guess that base was left over from a time when I regularly saw the sun and had a bit of a tan).

I matched my skin to a more appropriate shade and was shocked to find that my new shade is the lightest one made by the whole Maybelline company. I am a 1. I'm basically an albino ghost. All the darker makeup shades have exotic names like "Brazilian bronze" and "Sun-kissed sunset." I'm pretty sure mine is named "Ghastly" or something.

Now, I know I'm not the most tan girl on the block, but if I'm the lightest shade, what must Nicole Kidman wear for makeup? Chalk? Whipped cream? White-out?

At least this Thanksgiving I know that I can be thankful for being melanoma-free.

Jeffrey and I decorated the apartment for Christmas last weekend, and it looks beautiful! I wanted to show you on the blog, but my camera battery was dead. I thought it just needed to be charged, but it turns out that it's really dead--as in, dead as a doornail. I've ordered a new one, but you'll just have to be giddy with anticipation waiting for the pictures--just imagine: red houndstooth wrapping paper, lighted garland, Christmas dishes set out on the table, and stockings hung by the chimney with care!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your decorations look beautiful! I am sad we will be missing your Christmas party this year since last year was the most perfect party I could imagine! Also, don't worry about being a 1--Snow White was the fairest in the land, right? Christmas break is coming, so you'll be outside again soon enough! Good luck with the rest of this semester!

    ReplyDelete