Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remember when...?

Remember when you used to stay up late at night just because? It felt so cool to be awake when everyone else was asleep--like having your own little private anti-sleep rebellion. Slumber parties were even more intense. People who fell asleep early were punished by having their bras frozen (trust me--it happened to me).

So when did staying up late become such a drag?

I'll tell you when--last night. I stayed up late; I got up early. I studied and studied until I couldn't cram anymore in my little brain. Staying up late has lost its forbidden delicious flavor. Unless...I did well on my test...

Also, remember when your Christmas list looked like this...

1. A puppy
2. A baby brother
3. Candy
4. Teddy bear
5. Cabbage patch doll
6. Barbies
7. Pancakes
8. Red Rider BB Gun

I made my Christmas list the other day and realized that I am officially an adult. About half of the items can be found at William Sonoma, and the rest are completely practical (curling iron, personalized stationery, tennis shoes). I'm boring now, and it's sad.

In happy stories, though, I read today on AOL that a little boy was digging in his backyard and found two gold wedding bands. He gave them to his mom who somehow tracked down the owner. The woman cried when she received the rings and explained that she had lost them 8 years ago while gardening in what used to be her backyard (the new family had moved in shortly after). She got her wedding rings back just in time for her 50th anniversary.

All's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment