Monday, June 14, 2010

The Heat Is On


It's June 14th in San Antonio. The high today is 95 degrees.

Guess whose air conditioner is broken?

(Ours.)

Downstairs the fans are all on and its not too terribly stifling, but the temperature upstairs is approximately 40,000 degrees. (Silver lining: This has cut down on our cover hogging that I wrote about yesterday.) We've reported this air conditioning tragedy to all available emergency response teams, but no sight of the cavalry yet.
While I sweat at home, I'm going through some practice question note cards in preparation for my board exam that is ONE WEEK from today. I've come up with a system to help me study. I read the question on the front, decide on an answer choice, then flip the card over to see whether I chose the right one. Depending on how I chose, I put the note card in one of the three "R" piles: Right, Review, or (w)Rong.

The ones I get right, I'm never looking at again. The ones that go in the review pile are questions that I got right, but want to review before my test. The ones in the (w)rong pile were unfairly written questions. (Ok, I'm kidding--the ones in the wrong pile are ones I missed.)

Well, back to the note cards. Like Robert Frost said, I've got "'piles' to go before I sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment