Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Allergeez

Something blew in over the weekend (I don't know how that's possible since there hasn't been wind in San Antonio since December) and I woke up Monday with that itchy-eyed, stuffy-nosed, overall gross allergy feeling.

The worst thing about having an allergy attack is that it's not technically a true sickness, so you can't take off from work/school in good conscience, but you feel just as awful as if you had bronchitis or a blinding migraine.

And then there's always the debate: Do I take Benadryl and risk falling asleep while drilling a cavity (the bottle says 'do not take if operating heavy machinery'...do you think that includes dental drills?) or do I stuff a bunch of Kleenex inside my mask and hope for the best?

In other awful news, Jeffrey took part 2 of his Step Exam today. The test started at 9 am and he didn't finish until 5 pm, with only a 20 minute break to have a little snack. Oh my goodness! How smart does a person have to be to become a doctor?

(Answer: Very smart. Like my husband.)

It's going to be quite difficult to wash my hair while crossing my fingers for the few weeks until his scores come in--so don't judge me if it starts to get a little Ke$ha around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment