Monday, July 18, 2011

It's a Dog Eat Dog World

Actually, in my case, it's a dog eat flip flop world.

We started letting the beast stay out of her crate about a month ago while we ran errands. She usually just sleeps on the couch (which she's not allowed to do when we're home). Yesterday she ate two of my flip flops instead. But instead of eating two of the same flip flop, she ate one flop from each flippin' pair, so I lost two pair of flip flops in one afternoon. (Which begs the question: Does one of my feet taste better than the other?)

Distraught, I left the two unmatched, unmangled flip flops on the floor, wondering if I might try wearing them as a pair. When Jeffrey and I came home from the store today, the beastie had eaten the other two as well.

We put Dixie in a time out and she felt very sorry for what she did (for about 12 seconds). Then she saw a bird outside and had to defend our backyard's honor by running frantically around until the bird left.

I knew we should've gotten a komodo dragon. I'll bet this guy's dragon has never eaten his flip flops. (His kids, yes, but his flip flops, no.)

No comments:

Post a Comment