Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fruitcake

I have sooooo many things to blog about--my brother getting married, the Thanksgiving holiday, taking my board exam, and friends having babies.  For now, though, those stories will have to wait, because I'm tired.  Fear not, faithful readers, I leave you with this gem of a story brought to you by my very funny honey.

Jeffrey and I were debating about which recipe from the Christmas issue of Southern Living magazine we should try out at Thanksgiving dinner.  It was a tough choice, but the final two contenders were the Chocolate Gingerbread Toffee Cake and the Peppermint Cheesecake.

Lauren:  Mmmm....I love toffee.  And chocolate.  And gingerbread.
Jeffrey:  What's toffee?
Lauren:  It's like caramel...kind of.  It's what's in a Skor bar.
Jeffrey:  What's a Skor bar?  Did you just make that up?
Lauren:  Yes, I make up toffee-flavored candy bars in my spare time.
Jeffrey:  Hmm.
Lauren:  I think I might just do the cheesecake.  Cheesecake is a lot easier to make.
Jeffrey:  No, don't do that.  You don't like cheesecake so you won't eat it.  And you should get to eat the fruits of your labor.
Lauren:  True.
Jeffrey:  Except your kids.  You shouldn't eat your kids.
Lauren:  So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment