Monday, November 7, 2011

Identity Crisis

I'm beginning to have an identity crisis because of situations that continue to arise in my life. 

Several months ago I began receiving material in the mail from AARP.  This program is meant for people over 55 years of age, so I assumed there had been a mix up and the pamphlet was sent to me by accident.  Since then, I've gotten about 20 additional informational packets and offers from the group, each time addressed to me.  These old codgers are persistent!  I think I may have to call and tell them that I was BORN in '86--I'm not 86 years old.

Secondly, Jeffrey and I worked in the nursery at church yesterday and one of the kids wasn't feeling well so I took her out to the hallway for a little fresh air and quiet.  When I came back to the room with the other kids, Jeffrey was laughing hard.  He told me that while I was gone one of the kids said, "Hey, Jeffrey, where did your mommy go?"

Suddenly I feel very old.  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment