Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hungry Hungry Hippo

We've always made fun of Jeffrey for how quickly he eats his food.  (It's as if he's never seen food before, or is involved in some Survivor-style TV show where the one who finishes first wins.)

Then we realized that our dog, Dixie, takes after her dad and eats exactly the same way.  When she eats she sounds like that old board game "Hungry, Hungry Hippos." 
But now, it appears that turnabout is fair play.  I realized that since I found out about this pregnancy, my eating habits have changed dramatically.  For example, here's an example of my breakfast and lunch pre-pregnancy:

Carnation instant breakfast (1 cup of milk with a powdered mix that supposedly has vitamins)
Skittles
Peanut butter crackers

Here's what I packed for breakfast and lunch today:

Juice box
Yogurt
Banana
Protein bar
Peanut butter crackers
Goldfish crackers
Baby bell cheese
Dried cherries and blueberries with almonds
Ginger ale
Cashews
Twix bar

(Yes, I always have to make sure the main food groups are represented:  Protein, fruit, vegetables, dairy, and candy bar.)

My lunch and breakfast are so big today that I had to consider leaving my wallet at home to make room.  But then what would I do if I got hungry and needed to buy something from the cafeteria?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment