Friday, April 27, 2012

Sprinkles is a...

BOY!

(My friends have suggested that we change his nickname from "Sprinkles" to "Chips" for fear that he'll feel emasculated by the slightly girly moniker, but I think we're close to having an actual name picked out for the little guy, so Sprinkles he will remain until we decide.)

Our trip to the doctor was so wonderful this time.  Each time we go, I love hearing the heartbeat and seeing him move, but this time was different.  Pregnancy becomes a little more real each day as your belly gets bigger and you begin to feel little movements inside, but we took a huge leap yesterday when we heard the news.  Now we're not just having a baby; we're having a little boy.  He's our firstborn, our pride and joy, our little man, our precious gift.  Somehow I feel like I know him already.

Gonna have to stop there or start crying (again).  Here's the latest view of our handsome baby boy.

Head on the left, belly on the right.  Baby is facing up with the profile of his nose visible.  Probably sucking his thumb--little hand over his mouth in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys. Take care and enjoy the end of school. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! I am so happy for you! Little boys are wonderful and a great blessing!

    ReplyDelete