Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pop Goes My Heart

The title of this blog is paying homage to a great movie:  Music and Lyrics.  It stars Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore and has adorable music...you should rent it or buy it now if you haven't seen it.  Go!

Anyway...last fall I joined the Scott and White Wives' Alliance.  It's a group of women (the wives of residents, duh) who get together at least once a month and do social and community service activities.  These ladies have been wonderful to me, especially after I had my baby--they provided us with meals for 2 weeks!  The Alliance has asked very little of me in return, simply that I bake twice this year for their monthly bake sales. 

Well, I realized last week that there were only 3 bake sales left in the year, and I had baked exactly zero times so far.  Impressive, no?

The theme for February was Valentine's, so I decided to bust out my new cake pop maker (Christmas present from Grandmother--thank you!) and halfway fulfill my duty as a member of the Alliance. 

Bee mine, Valentine!
 
 
 
 
 
Candy heart wings, sprinkle antennas, sparkly black stripes, and a Hershey kiss stinger...how could anyone even eat one?  They're too cute to consume!

And, You're a Sweetie!
 
Umm...ok, so the bees took a really long time to make and I ran out of creative steam.  These were much faster and almost as cute.  Overall, a fun and delicious project!

1 comment:

  1. #1- I love that movie so so much.
    and #2- Those pops are adorbs! Great work!

    ReplyDelete