Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Wheels on the Bus

Lately, the wheels on the (crazy) bus just keep going round and round.  Let me fill you in...

Dixie continues to escape from the backyard every so often, usually in the mornings when I'm running late for work already.

We have approximately 8000 pacifiers.  There is only one kind that Carter likes.  We had 2 of them.  I lost the blue one several weeks ago and kept thinking that I'd come across it, but haven't yet.  Today I lost the yellow one.  If you have pacifier-dependent children, you know that this is a recipe for disaster comparable to a nuclear holocaust.

Poor Jeffrey spends about every free minute of his week cleaning up (all 12 or so free minutes he has), and I somehow manage to mess it up within seconds.  This time I've destroyed the kitchen making cake pops for a bake sale.  They are adorable.  He will not think that the cuteness is worth the mess.  What a boy!  :)

We decided to redo the back patio, mostly since the people who lived here before did such a poor job of laying the stone that it was already breaking to pieces and becoming uneven.  Jeffrey pulled up the old stone and we bought a few of the supplies for the project, but haven't quite gotten underway.  As such, there is a 13 x 18 foot rectangle of destruction in the backyard which Dixie uses as a dog bone graveyard when she's not Houdini-ing herself out of the yard.

Carter started eating solid foods two weeks ago and he LOVES them, but the poor little booger keeps getting constipated from all those yummy foods.  My doctor had warned me that this might happen, but I forgot to ask her what to do for it.  Mommy fail.  Basically, we've now got our little buddy on the same schedule as a 94 year old man in a nursing home (lots of prunes and passive leg exercises).
Dressed up for dinner.  We're gonna need some club soda to get the sweet pea stains off of that tie...
Oh yeah, and I'm changing jobs.  But more on that later.

So, a job change, a missing pacifier, our dog wandering the streets while I coat our counter tops in melted candy as I listen to my son overflow a diaper with digested prunes...

I cannot figure out why I love this crazy life!


No comments:

Post a Comment