Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cheek to cheek

Jeffrey left early this morning for his 21st day in a row of work. (Go ahead and wrap your mind around that one!). Before he left he brought Carter into the room with me and dumped him in the bed to 'snuggle mama.' Unfortunately our snuggle time consisted more of the usual toddler fare of head-butting me, licking me, crying to be let off the bed immediately followed by crying to be let on the bed, and a much too loud impromptu concert provided by my keyboard, which his chubby hands managed not only to turn on, but also to rock a loud Caribbean drum beat. Good morning, mommy!

As you probably guessed, within about 10 minutes I was desperately wishing my boy would go back to sleep, just for a few minutes, especially since today is a Sunday, the most schedule-ruining day for a toddler (and thus, the most likely to end in tantrums). So I pulled out my best trick (iPhone) and started letting Carter watch the short videos of himself on there. It worked like a charm. Except for one thing: apparently he decided that the optimal viewing angle would be to snuggle his face right on my face and fall asleep. Like so.

So now I can't go to sleep because I have to keep my chin elevated lest I want the drool that is on the verge of dropping out of his slack, sleeping mouth all over my face. But the baby is sleeping, and we are getting in a few snuggles, oddly placed as they may be.

And that is really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment