Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's (Almost) the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I know that it's only October, but I couldn't keep myself from moving our little Christmas countdown to the top of our blog. Jeffrey and I both love Christmas, so we're excited that it is only 69 days away! To all of you out there who are grumbling because the stores have already begun to put out all their Christmas wares in an attempt to fish themselves out of the red in this depressing economic year, we do apologize. At least our early Christmas display does not have ulterior motives attached!

You may have noticed that there is another relatively new blog item to the right of this reading pane. The "Blogging Powers-that-be" decided that they would add a new gadget for bloggers to use called "Blog Followers." Using this tool, blog readers can "register" so that blog writers know who is reading their blog. (Sorry that I had to write the word "blog" about 50 times in those last few sentences...it annoyed me, too.)

All that to say, if you read our blog, please sign up! It would be fun for us to know who keeps up with our little lives, and that way we can also specially tailor our writing to you. I think all you have to do to sign up is make a username (preferably your real name so we know who you are) and a password. It's easy, and it would make me smile...so go for it!

One last thing: You might want to look in our little "Powerful Words" box sometime soon. I pasted a beautiful poem by Neruda there, but Jeffrey will probably replace it soon. Last time I put a quote over there (from my favorite movie, Moulin Rouge) Jeffrey replaced it the next day with a quote from the TV series "Friday Night Lights" because he said that my quote was too girly. And here I was thinking I was doing him a favor by not choosing a pink background for our blog...

1 comment: