Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Something smells fishy...

Jeffrey finally gave in a let me get a pet...three in fact. We got three fish! We named them Nemo, Gubs, and Jeffrey Jr.

12 hours later, Nemo died.

In fact, we basically saw Nemo die. It was terrible. He kept swimming to the surface and then floating down to the bottom without moving a fin so he would land on his side or his back. Very upsetting to a tender heart like me. Jeffrey (being the good husband that he is) "fished" Nemo out of the tank and put him in a baggie. We couldn't give him a proper burial/flushing because PetSmart would give us a new Nemo if we brought back the dead one with the receipt within 14 days of buying him. (Creepy store policy, right?)

Luckily we still had Gubs and Jeffrey Jr.

24 hours later, Gubs died.

Yet another fish in the fridge.

Lo and behold, my husband's namesake lives on to this day, and we used the refund from the late Nemo and the late Gubs to buy two new fish that are the same species as Jeffrey Jr., because we are better at keeping that species alive, apparently. The new fish are named Shark and Turtle. All three appear to have healthy appetites and are swimming actively--at least they were when we left the apartment this morning!

I will try to post some pictures of our new little babies soon, because I know that Danny Neal cares a lot about stuff like that...

As for more important things, my brilliant hubby just text messaged me that he made a 94 on his last gross anatomy test! For those of you who don't know, getting an A on a test like that in medical school is like getting a 120 on a test in regular school--it just doesn't happen all the time! I have a gross test coming up on Tuesday...hope that smartness is contagious.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren,

    Do you know what they did with that dead fish at the pet store? They threw it in a trash can somewhere, like it wasn't a living thing!!!

    They are heartless....


    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a terrible choice I had to make. Pay another $1.19, or get a refund but cause the soul of my fish to forever wander the earth.

    What can I say? We're on a budget.

    ReplyDelete