Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Update

Just a few words to let you, our readers, know how we're doing and what we're up to...

Friday afternoon, I learned how to (correctly) use my stethoscope to listen to heart sounds, as well as how to distinguish AV valve murmurs from aortic valve murmurs. I was really excited about my newly-developed skill until I found out that on Wednesday I have to perform my skills on a standardized patient, at which time I will also have to find his femoral pulse. Ryan Mack had to do that on Friday, and in his words, "Well, it was a little awkward...reaching up the side of the dude's leg."

Saturday we woke up semi-late and spent the morning/early afternoon studying, cleaning house, and watching SEC football. (Can you guess who did what? Exactly - I cleaned and studied, while Lauren watched football.) That night, we had 5 friends over to watch the University of Texas DOMINATE Missouri and their spare, couldn't-make-it-as-a-backup-at-UT quarterback. By the way, did you know that Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley are roommates? I think the announcers have only said that 3,496 times the past 2 weeks. Anyway, we had fun with Ryan, Steven, Mary, Joe, and Blake. We are really enjoying making new friends (except Ryan - he's an old friend), and we really like them a lot, but they can't ever replace all of our old friends (so don't worry Jesse).

Sunday was church in the morning, studying and haircut in the afternoon (by the way, haircuts still make me look 12 years old), and then dinner. But it wasn't just any ordinary dinner. Lauren labored and labored in the kitchen to make us chicken-fried (venison) steak, green beans, corn on the cob, and cream gravy. You may all feel free to be jealous now. It was absolutely delicious. And yes Grandmother, I helped her clean up the kitchen - I know its messy to cook that stuff.

So that's the weekend update. We're doing good, but after Tuesday's anatomy test, Lauren will be much better.

We're really excited about ACU Homecoming this weekend. If you're gonna be there, let us know!

Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment