Thursday, November 20, 2008

Duh-Duh-Duh...Another one bites the dust

Yes, another fish has gone to that happy flushing ground in the sewer. It was Jeffrey, Jr, my sweet husband's namesake, and the fish who had lived an astounding month in my care. He was a fighter. He hung on til the very end. And he died upright...no belly-up submission for little Jeffrey, Jr. He faced death head on,and was found peacefully sticking to the filter, frozen in a little swimming pose.

What a fish. What A Fish.

Needless to say, I'm buying a new fish tomorrow. Maybe another black molly--then we could have little molly babies. Speaking of the black molly, though, I did some research the other day and found out that Dolly the black molly is actually a boy--oops! Pretty inappropriate name.

Sweet Debbie H posted some encouragement on the bottom of my last post. Thanks, Debbie--it helped me smile that day! Debbie also suggested that perhaps I should spend less time blogging and more time studying...touche, my lady. But think of my readers...should they suffer for my schooling? Should they be forced to return to reading the backs of cereal boxes, laffy taffy jokes, and trashy novels from gas stations? By no means. The show must go on--and the show will go on.

Viva la Blog!

3 comments:

  1. I need to clear my name. I signed my last post "the Hubs" because the tacky, non-encouraging comment was actually from my husband. Remember, I'm "sweet Debbie." (dang! she's on to me!)
    I think blogging is a wonderful escape. It is something we must do from time to time. I mean, let's face it, your exams and my screaming children aren't going anywhere. They'll still be waiting after you/I check just one more blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha--well, Debbie, can we switch? Because I will take your beautiful children (screaming or not...but preferably not) over those stinky tests any day! You speak the truth, though. I tried ignoring one of my upcoming tests the other day (just to see if it would go away) and...it didn't.

    ReplyDelete