Monday, October 26, 2009

Eleven

My new favorite number is eleven. Eleven is the number of school days (beginning tomorrow) in which I do not have a written exam. There are lab exercises, quizzes, and practical exams, but there will be no tests. I think that the last time that happened was on the eleventh day of school this semester.

In no particular order are the activities that I am going to do during my days off.

1. Work out. If only to prepare for the Thanksgiving gluttony and Christmas laziness that will ensue over the next 2 months. And to counteract number 2.

2. Eat double stuf oreos. Jeffrey and I haven't bought these since we got married due to an incident while we were engaged that involved two people eating an entire bag in two days. Enough said.

3. Blog. Yay!

4. Knit.
Right now I'm attempting to knit a sweater for Jeffrey. Scary! So far, so good--about halfway through the back section of the sweater. It looks really handsome, but I'm hesitant to put pictures up on the blog in case I can't figure it all out and finish!

5. Think of Christmas presents for family and friends. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is to think of ideas for presents with Jeffrey. We think up all the best ideas we can and then go buy them together long before Christmas.

6. Cook. I've taken quite a long hiatus from cooking--or at least, REALLY cooking. I've been alternating the same old recipes through the kitchen, and while Jeffrey has been very sweet about each time he's had to eat spaghetti, it's time for a change. On the menu for this week? Homemade lasagna with fresh green beans, brisket and sweet potatoes, grilled chicken baked in foil with baby carrots...yummy.

7. Prepare my costume for the Halloween party this weekend. The current idea is that Jeffrey and I will go as Barbie and Ken. I'm still trying to convince Jeffrey to go with his shirt off after I paint big, plastic-y muscles on him.

8. Study...but only a little.

9. Watch all my Wednesday TV shows. I have 5 favorite TV shows, and 4 of them air on Wednesdays. Normally that means that I have to choose one to watch and then catch up on the weekend, but this week it's gonna be a marathon!

10. Clean the apartment. Let's just say there are quite a few single socks looking for mates around here. These eleven days will be like match.com for them.

11. Enjoy eleven days off!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment