Thursday, October 1, 2009

Picture Perfect

Sorry blog readers--September appeared to be a rough month for the blogging. A little too much studying, a little too little writing! Hopefully October can be better. To start us out, here's what we've been up to for the last month...
It's rained. Some people might not call that a "blog-able" event, but in South Texas, we get excited about any moisture that isn't just humidity that makes your hair frizzy. Jeffrey and I did have to laugh, though, when we heard our local weather woman exclaim, "It's cooling off this week!" What she really meant was, "It's going to be below 100 degrees. Slightly."

With the temperatures plummeting into the mid-eighties, Jeffrey and I got into the mood for some fall decor around the apartment. One trip to Hobby Lobby and a few glue sticks later, we were surrounded by the pretty orange, red, and soft brown tones of fall.


One item at the apartment that I've been desperately trying not to turn soft shades of brown is my little potted rose bush. I bought these beautiful hot pink rosebuds in a little plastic pot from HEB about a month and a half ago, and it promptly turned brown as soon as I got it home. After I re-potted it, added more soil, faithfully watered, and gave it a pep talk, it appears the sweet little rosebuds have made a comeback! Now they are brightening our balcony and our nightstand.

And those aren't the only flowers adorning our humble abode, though, because my sweet husband bought me flowers (again!) the other day. The lillies have just opened up.
It hasn't been all flowers and fall and rain around here, though...there have also been waffles! Last Saturday Jeffrey and I had a little breakfast date. My mom had bought Jeffrey some cinnamon graham cracker waffle mix from William Sonoma, so we used it to make waffles and bacon for breakfast. I altered the recipe just a little bit to include chocolate chips and whipped cream in addition to syrup...because breakfast is the most important and awesome meal of the day!
And that's just the beginning of October! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment