Thursday, July 15, 2010

More solid proof that dental school is making me smarter

Here it is--
I PASSED MY BOARDS!

I don't have a picture, but Jeffrey passed his boards, too! In fact, he not only passed them, he smoked them (just like I knew he would). Thanks to all of you who prayed, worried, and crossed your fingers along with us while we waited for our results.

Speaking of people who worried with us--some of them came to visit last weekend! My parents came down on Friday and then my grandfather and his friend, Helen, joined us on Saturday. We did the usual things (shopped, talked, showed them the school, etc...) and then we decided to try a new restaurant for dinner on Saturday.

My grandfather carries a list in his car of Texas Monthly's picks for best burgers and best steaks in Texas. Number five on the burger list is a place in San Antonio called "The Cove." It was so high on the list that we decided we had to try it.

I had heard before from my aunt and uncle that the place is quite a dive, but I wasn't prepared to see the restaurant sandwiched between graffiti covered walls and some of the outdoor tables literally inches away from a coin-operated car wash. I have to admit, I was scared.

I was more scared when I went inside and saw that the "Texas burger" that made Texas Monthly's list included refried beans and corn chips on it. Concerned, but not willing to back down, I ordered the burger with everything on it.

A few minutes later, I put the most delicious burger I've ever eaten into my mouth. Dee-eee-lish--ous! I highly recommend The Cove. Casual, fun, family-friendly, and so yummy.

Before we left the restaurant, we stopped to take some silly pictures. For your viewing pleasure...




In case you're wondering--we don't know the little boy in the last picture. He just wanted to take some pictures with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment