Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sign of the Apocalypse

You know that times are hard when the descriptive picture of your frozen pizza looks like this
And your actual pizza looks like this
Umm...has the price of pepperoni suddenly skyrocketed? Is there some strange link between the oil spill in the Gulf and the availability of pepperoni in the US? It makes sense that lots of places are skimping on shrimp, but why are they picking off pepperoni?

Totinos better watch out or I'll take my ninety-six cents elsewhere.

(Ok, I won't, but that's only because no one else sells pizzas for ninety-six cents!)

On another note, I think I'm going to brush up on my Spanish now. I called my patient for tomorrow and I don't think he speaks English. Why do I think that? Because three times I told him my name is Lauren, and three times he called me Yolanda.

Tomorrow might not be so bueno.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! And I love the fact that you and Jeffrey eat as many frozen dinners as Marshall and I do. Makes me feel better. We don't have the double medical school excuse for not cooking, though! Guess we'll just have to lean on the 9-month-old excuse. Keep the funny posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete