Monday, July 12, 2010

My First Patient

Last week my scheduler at the dental school scheduled my first patient for Tuesday afternoon, July 12th. I spent a good amount of time reviewing her past year of medical history and the notes the last student had written in her chart. I examined her Xrays, and came up with a list of questions I needed to ask my professors before I saw the patient.

Yesterday my patient confirmed the appointment with my scheduler.

Today I stayed late with a professor to go over this patient's case and talk about her treatment for tomorrow.

Tonight, when I called her to confirm...
...she cancelled.
Not the best way to start out my clinical experience of 3rd year. It just goes to show that you might hate going to the dentist, but the dentist hates it more when you don't come!

No comments:

Post a Comment