Sunday, July 4, 2010

Solid proof that dental school has made me smarter

Last year Jeffrey and I had a lot of conversations like this:

Jeffrey: What are we having for dinner tonight?
Lauren: I don't know. What do you know how to make?
Jeffrey: Toast and Totinos pizza.
Lauren: We had that last night.
Jeffrey: That's all I know how to make.
Lauren: I don't want to cook. Want McDonald's?

(And then we gained weight.)

This summer I decided that a smart person would prepare some meals in advance and have them ready to go for the school year. It took me three days to do all the shopping and get the motivation to make all these meals, but I now have solid proof that dental school has made me smarter.
Ta-da! Fifteen casseroles, labeled and waiting, in the freezer for nights when I don't feel like cooking.

Of course, the entire reason I worked to get all these casseroles done this weekend is because Jeffrey's and my fall semester starts tomorrow. Yikes! What happened to our summer???? Oh, yeah...the board exam. I remember now. Honestly, we're pretty excited about our 3rd year of school. Third year seems to be the time when our education kicks up a notch because we will start caring for patients (under careful supervision, of course). We feel ready, but nervous--excited, but cautious. It ought to be interesting...and I'm sure there will be plenty of stories to blog about!

We had a dinner party for several friends we knew from ACU last weekend, and the house is still semi-clean from that night, so I decided to take a few pictures for those of you (mostly Beth and Melinda) who have been waiting patiently for months to see more of the house! Here's the living room...



And the stairs...
And the landing area at the top of the stairs...

More pics later...hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures and hopefully some day we will actually get to see your house in person! We love and miss you. Melinda

    ReplyDelete