Monday, February 21, 2011

Abandoned

There is nothing sadder than an abandoned blog. (Except, perhaps, this picture of an abandoned house, which was one of the google image search results for "abandon.")

I will not abandon this blog. I imagine it living a long and happy life with me. Even to that ripe old age when the only things I will have to blog about are the current maladies that have befallen my creaky joints.

This blog has not been abandoned. Sometimes I don't write for a while because I don't have any stories to tell. Sometimes I don't write for a while because all my stories are boring or not funny. For example, if I wrote a blog about today, it would say this:

Hi, blog readers. Today I did a filling in the morning, ate a wholesome lunch of graham cracker goldfish, pudding, and applesauce, and then I did another filling in the afternoon.

Now, aren't you glad I didn't really write a post today?

But seriously, folks, I have so many good stories to tell. Have I told you the one about the rodeo? Or the arrested dental patient? Or cake decorating class parts I and II?

No. Not yet. But I will. Just have to finish studying for my test tomorrow, then we'll move on to more important things. Like blogs. And fillings.

No comments:

Post a Comment