Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Have your cake and decorate it too

Some of my friends at school convinced me to sign up for a cake decorating class at Michael's. Not one to be swindled, I decided that I must get my full money's worth from this class. (That's $22.50, folks.)

So I baked and decorated a "before" cake. Viola!

This is a cake I sent to Jeffrey's work with him. (We're planning on getting him into a nice residency program using his intelligence, excellent bedside manner, and a little help from Betty Crocker.)

I thought the cake turned out pretty well, so I got greedy. I decided to try my hand at making an icing flower.

[Insert sad sounding trombone slide here]

Yeah, so the flower looks more like a big yellow blob. Don't worry, though, that's what the class is for.

But do let me know if anyone is in the market for a delicious cake decorated with delicate, beautiful blobs.

2 comments:

  1. So fun. Would LOVE to take that class. And I don't think that blob flower looks half bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 4 weeks, we will be the most amazing cake decorators EVER. We will have to quit dental school and start a bakery because EVERYONE will want our mad skills.

    ReplyDelete