Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Handmade Part 3

Today I made Dixie a new dog tag.
See how much fun dental drills can be???

Dixie made herself a Snuggie.
Now she can finally change the channel on the TV while keeping her arms warm and cozy.

Remember the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"?

Well, the first two pictures are examples of what happens "If You Give a Dental Student the Morning Off."

Anyway, I did actually end up doing a little dental work today. This afternoon I finished my second (and last) set of dentures for the year. I had a little extra time before the clinic time ended, so I was walking up and down the halls looking for something to do. Suddenly I found something very important to do when one of my classmate's patients began to have a severe allergic reaction.

Her reaction was so bad that she started to have trouble breathing. I got the job of monitoring her while everyone else bustled around getting oxygen tanks, calling her emergency contact, and guiding the paramedics to her. The poor thing was so sweet but very scared.

The student and faculty took good care of her, but it was still a little crazy this afternoon. We still don't know what caused her allergic reaction, but we hope she feels better soon. (And she's not invited back until we figure out what she's allergic to!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment