Thursday, January 20, 2011

Presenting Christmas Presents

As promised, here is the long-awaited post about my favorite Christmas presents.

The first and best present is always time spent with family and friends. A close second is time away from that stressful place I call dental school. Ha.

Like Madonna, I'm a bit of a material girl, so here are my favorite tangible presents...

Canon Rebel Camera

Ironically, the camera itself is the only thing I can't take a picture of, so a stock photo will have to work. This camera takes beautiful, colorful, true images. After reading the instruction manual and watching part of the instructional DVD I'm fairly certain that it is also more intelligent than me. Then again, so are a lot of people.

Massage chair

My husband gives incredible back rubs. The talent is both a blessing and a curse--a blessing for me because I get to be the recipient, a curse for Jeffrey because he doesn't usually feel like giving me a 30 minute massage every single night. Enter massage chair. This chair does Shiatsu and Rolling massages, can be made to concentrate on a specific area of soreness, has heat, and improves my mood after a long day at school by 435%. I now receive 30 to 45 minutes of massage per day. But you don't have to be jealous--come over and try it out for yourself!

Movies

Jeffrey and I received/bought with gift cards about 20 movies this Christmas. He would probably hurt me if I had took out all of these DVDs from their designated places to take a picture. I honestly can't tell you if Jeffrey gets more pleasure out of owning and watching DVDs or just arranging them anal-retentively on the shelf.

Those were the biggies...but there were lots of other great gifts given. Other things that happened over Christmas...

My mom got a leopard print suitcase, and then decided to act like a leopard.
We tried to take a good family picture.

Then we tried again.

Then we tried again.

Then we got it.

Dixie became my photo subject.

Dixie got a dragon with 16 separate squeakers. Then she ate them.

My grandma got her lips plumped?

And fun was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment