Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flower Power

Sticking with the "things I've handmade" theme, I thought I'd put some pictures up of a wreath I made last weekend. I wanted to make a smaller wreath than I normally have on the door and I wanted it to look a little wintry. (Just because it's not cold in San Antonio in January doesn't mean we can't decorate as if it is...that's what I say.)



Unfortunately it didn't really turn out like I had pictured it. Instead of looking delicate it looked a little sparse. Instead of looking chic it turned out a little grandmas-ish (no offense to any grandmas out there--I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the frumpy kind of grandma). I don't know--it's ok, I guess. I decided it was good enough to put on the door, out for the world to see.

The funny side of this story is how difficult it was for me to get the materials to make it.

My husband and my family are all well-aware of a glaring shortcoming that I have. I never remember which stores are closed on Sundays. For a length of time about 3 months long, I asked Jeffrey weekly (always on a Sunday) if we could eat at Chick-fil-a. (In case you are as confused as me, let me tell you that Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays.) It got so bad that Jeffrey started suggesting it on Sundays just to mess with my mind.

Anyway, two Sundays ago, after an embarrassing amount of pleading with Jeffrey to go with me to Hobby Lobby, we drove all the way there. As we turned into the empty parking lot, I remembered that Hobby Lobby, much like Chick-fil-a, closes every Sunday.

Ashamed, we turned to go back home and I returned by myself the next day. I forgot one little thing at that shopping trip, though, so I had to go back again a few days later.

On a Sunday.

It's still not open on Sundays, in case you were wondering. Why is it that I can remember the average length of front teeth in millimeters but not the simple fact that you can't buy fabric markers on Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment