Monday, January 24, 2011

Made with Love

There will soon be a new little face joining the Linn/Estes/Oglesby/Bailey etc family. My 3rd cousin Ben and his wife Lyric are pregnant with their first child, a boy they're naming Jack. (Ben's brothers have been joking that the baby's middle name will be Daniels, after their favorite liquor, but I doubt that Lyric will let that happen.)

As an aside, I'm not really sure how the baby and I will be related. Is he my 4th cousin? My great nephew once removed? No idea, really. I think we're just going to stick with the family tradition of just calling everyone that's not your brother, sister, mom, or dad "cousin." It's simpler.

Anyway, my mom told me on Tuesday that the baby shower would be on the following Sunday. I like making baby burpees for my friends, so of course I had to make one for my little cousin-to-be. I wish I had had more time to make them more cutesy, but I had to do what I could with the time I had--and that was a half day off from school and an hour and a half wait at the Toyota dealership's service area waiting while my car's oil was changed.

Here's what I mailed to Abilene for the little baby bundle...





I told my mom--I really like them, and I hope Lyric does, too, but if she doesn't, well...they're for the baby to spit up on, so I'm sure they'll be worn out soon! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment