Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ruffles and Flowers

Almost every woman in my young marrieds class at church is pregnant, most of them with baby girls. Several of my friends from my home church in Abilene are pregnant, too, lots of them with little girls. I want a little girl!!!

But of course, the whole dental school thing would probably get in the way of getting pregnant and having a baby right now. (Can you imagine how hard it would be to reach my patients' mouths with a 9 month pregnant belly? I would find myself saying, "Sir, could you please rest your head on my stomach so I can reach you?" Probably would get a few points taken off on my professionalism grade for that.)

So, those who can't do, sew!

I found a picture online of a little onesie turned sundress and decided I had to make some. Here are the results...



Some of them are so cute I can't look at them directly for fear of bursting into tiny tears of cuteness overload. Now imagine them with a little chubby baby inside.

Awww!!

My mom delivered one of the dresses and one of the burpees to a friend at a shower last weekend. She called to tell me that everyone loved them, and that the grandmother of the girl recommended that I quit dental school and become a baby clothes designer. All this pink is making me think about it!

1 comment:

  1. Sure many mother would like to dress up there child a clothes with a nice ruffles and flowers.

    ReplyDelete