Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Cakes Go Marching One by One, Hurrah

My post from Sunday sort of mentioned this already, but I cannot let the month of March go by without mentioning all the birthdays that happened.

This year was a big year with several of us hitting milestone birthdays. My Grampy turned 80 on March 3rd. On the same day, my Uncle Gary turned 50. Jeffrey and I both turned 25 this month, he on March 13th and I on March 6th. My brother turned 22 on March 8th, which was also Jeffrey's and my anniversary.

There were several people in the family who turned 39 (again) this year, including my Aunt Lisa (March 17th) and my grandpa's "special friend" (we're not allowed to call her his girlfriend) on March 6th.

Have you lost count yet? Don't worry, so has the rest of the family. This is the real March Madness. With all these March birthdays, it's better if we all just get together on one day and celebrate with a round of:

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear grampygarylaurengregoryjeffreyhelenchrislisaandanyoneelse
Happy birthday to you.

This year everyone even got his or her own cake. Of course, mine was the Plumber's crack cake, so it wasn't much to look at, but it sure was easy to cut.

By the way, if you notice my sister and my dad (unfortunately born in November and December) sulking in the corner in some of these pictures, it's because they say, "March feels just like a bad version of Christmas because everybody gets presents...except for us."






No comments:

Post a Comment