Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

I made the cake for the baby shower. Drum roll, please...




Ta Da!

Thankfully this cake turned out much better than the Plumber's Crack Cake. The shower was thrown by two of my friends who did a lovely job of decorating and planning the shower. They had dainty little brunch foods and pretty, girly decorations. They even had a chalkboard where each guest could write a message to Madelynn (the baby) and take a picture next to the board to put into a memory book for the baby girl.

I was so impressed by all the people who made their gifts for the shower, too. I thought I might be the only one who had created my own gift, but almost half the guests made their gifts in some form or another. One girl brought cute personalized headbands, another used her monogrammer to personalize burp rags and blankets. I brought these two dresses that I made (the pink one and the green one--the purple went to a friend in Abilene).
I love the pink one--I almost couldn't give it up! Luckily, I love Jenny (the mommy), so it was a little easier to give since I knew it was for a good cause, haha.

After the shower I noticed a cool chair across the street at a garage sale. The antique wingback chair was in great condition structurally, but was covered in hideous peach colored velveteen fabric. They had marked the price down from $25 to $20--so I was sold. I bought it and bought some fabric to recover it. Hopefully that little project will be done this week...pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment