Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To Do and To Done

I have a to do list about 1 mile long, but it doesn't matter. Want to know why? Because it's the last to do list of the semester! The lecture portion of school is winding down fast--only 2 tests left. All my requirements for clinic are completed (Thank you, God for getting me through), and there are only a few more appointments this week and the next two.

I'm not sure I can describe the wonderful relief that comes with finishing all the clinical requirements this year. The image I had in my mind for the entire Spring semester was of mountain climbing in Colorado as a teenager. I felt the same weariness in each step toward the goal, the familiar burn in my muscles as I went through each motion, the same awareness that keeping my mind strong was infinitely more important than the physical symptoms my body would show. Strangely, finishing all my requirements didn't feel like coming down off the mountain. It felt like something more comforting and warm--like melting into the hot springs after not having showered in a week on the mountain.

Can you tell I'm a little excited?

Anyway, as school's to do list has turned into a to done list, a few other little projects have been completed, too.

Those cupcakes for the bridal shower? Here they are...



And remember that chair I bought at the garage sale?

Chair before (and Dixie)...




Chair after (not perfect, but oh so much better)...




Also on the to done list? A fun, girly, summer wreath and a painting. Pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. Those cupcakes look awesome!! You'll have to teach me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete