Monday, July 7, 2008

Bienvenidos a SAN ANTONIO!

We made it to San Antonio on July 1st and checked into our apartment. I had moved before from my parents' house to a dorm room and from a dorm room to a "college house," but none of those relocations could compare with the massive manpower it took to move all of our stuff here. It took my entire family, Jeffrey's entire family, several of my brother's friends, and a number of small miracles to create the three dimensional puzzle of stuff that would fill the 17 foot U-Haul truck, two truck beds, and the back of a suburban. Three hours, forty-five minutes, and several hundred thousand dollars-worth of gas later, we arrived at our new home--a two bedroom, two bath apartment in San Antonio, Texas. Fortunately for me, I was the brains of the operation and got to spend the rest of the time in the apartment with my mom arranging the furniture, while the brawn (Jeffrey, my brother, my dad, and company) lamented the fact that we had chosen an apartment on the third floor. The U-Haul unloading finished right as it began to rain that day, and we all began to kid my mom because she had told us for weeks not to even bring sweaters and coats to San Antonio because "It's always so hot there." A little under a week later, we have unpacked the last box, arranged our furniture, hung curtains, shed a few tears for the family and friends we miss, and laughed again with mom because it's rained every single day we've been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment